Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 October 2018

Spiritual Superfood


Outside the window, clusters of ripe red berries rest in golden fingers of rowan tree leaves. Yellowing larch needles sway in the gentle breeze. Cows which bellowed an hour ago, desperate for food, are now calmed and resting, the farmer having arrived with the daily ration of hay. Though they inhabit a fertile field, that season is past and no green grass is growing.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.

In some seasons of life, we recognise just how dependent we are on the provision of the Father. He feeds us spiritual superfood, restoring our strength and giving us hope. Today I lift my head to the loving Lord who sits at the table with me, in the presence of my enemies. All I see is Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment