Popular Posts

Monday 22 October 2018

Last Roses of Summer


The last roses of summer share their intoxicating fragrance throughout the kitchen/living room. Big, ‘buxom beauties’, their magenta hue and sweet smell make these flowers the queens of my garden. Got them in just before the winter winds strike, forecast for this weekend.



I can’t protect everything that is precious and loved in my life. Husband, children, grandchildren, mother: they all have lives in the matrix of a turbulent and often hostile world, and I am not there with them ( – as if that would make all the difference!).

So I entrust them to God, who loves them all even more than I do. He died for each one. He has plans for each one, plans for good and not for evil. He knows every hair on each head. And he has the power and the will to bring each one through whatever valley they are in and up onto the mountain tops, where their perspective is unrestricted by giants that may threaten on the valley floor.

This morning I give God the glory, totally grateful to Jesus for what he did for us all and to the Holy Spirit who empowers, inspires and guides each of us now. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment