Popular Posts

Tuesday 12 February 2019

Make new friends, but keep the old

One is silver, the other is gold.


Pine trees stretch high, silhouetted against a bright winter’s sun. The wind has risen again and moans in the chimneys – chimneys which will be swept clean tomorrow. We’ve waited two months for the sweep to arrive in our neighbourhood.

I could smell soot recently, a sure sign that it’s time to get Dick van Dyke and his friends in. I doubt there will be much singing or leaping around on the rooftops tomorrow, but hopefully when the wind whistles down it won’t carry a scent of soot.

I’ve just had a refreshing time over coffee with a much younger friend. We gossiped God. I feel like the soot that can clog me up has been swept away, so that the wind of the Spirit can blow on through and out to a tired world.

Praise the Lord for old and new friends, especially those in the family of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment