Popular Posts

Monday 11 February 2019

Humble Pie


Just nine o’clock in the morning and I’ve already eaten a slice of humble pie. Last night I sent an email which said something that needed saying, but rather than wording it graciously I spiked it with one or two sharp criticisms. So I have apologised.

I don’t know the woman I was writing to, but she is a former high school classmate (out of a class of 1200). She is organising a class reunion and had chosen a subject line which I found alarming and insensitive in light of the world we live in.

It wasn’t anything important. A high school reunion. I won’t be able to go anyway. On reflection, though, this poor woman is striving to make something happen for a lot of retired people scattered across the globe, and my remarks were not helpful.

Forgive me, Lord. Give me grace, Lord Jesus. Grace to speak the truth in love. Grace to be part of your kingdom, on earth as it is in heaven. Grace to live a supernatural life, inspired by your Spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment