Popular Posts

Tuesday 5 February 2019

New Directions


New road layout ahead.

Oops, I drove right past the exit onto the long-awaited AWPR. Ended up on a long and windy road I kind of knew, in order to get home.

I might have been frustrated or cross, but instead I just plodded on and arrived a bit later than planned, admiring the views I’d have otherwise missed.

Life can be like that. A new challenge presents itself. Our route changes, and we think it will save us time or improve our circumstances but instead it delays us and seems retrograde.

Jesus is the way. Sometimes he takes us in new directions, which may seem exciting and full of promise but then seem to disappoint, or fill us with apprehension. Sticking with him on his way is always the best choice though. Wherever he goes.

And next time I should recognise the exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment