Popular Posts

Sunday 3 February 2019

Whose line?


We used to watch the improv comedy ‘Whose line is it anyway?’ There was a scenario they used to build comedy which involved two people. One was blindfolded, embracing the other from behind, arms wrapped round the waist of the other person. As that person gave directions, the blindfolded one had to perform some sort of task, such as making sausage rolls. It required clear directions, understanding, and dexterity. It could be hilarious.

The Christian life is like that, though the result is not always comedic. I have my arms wrapped round Jesus’ waist. My face is pressed into his back and I can’t see what’s coming. He gives me clear directions of where he wants my feet to take ‘us’, what he wants my hands to engage in. All I need to do is listen carefully and obey cheerfully. That’s all.

I am totally dependent on him. I need him to guide me. I need him to give me clear directions. I need him to give me open ears and a willing heart and a spirit that doesn’t grow tired or weary because it depends on him for life. Life in all its fullness.

Whatever the situation today, my arms are secure round my Saviour and my ears are open. I know my limitations, and they are many. I know his limitless power.

So grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment