Popular Posts

Friday 26 April 2019

Road Closed. Diversion


An early dental appointment had me joining the rush hour traffic into Aberdeen this morning. On final approach, I encountered a Diversion sign and found myself headed south instead of east. Never confident finding my way around the ancient, winding streets of Aberdeen, I prayed for help. A diversion sign appeared – not supernaturally but in metal at the side of the road, guiding me back to the street I’d had to leave. God was a step ahead of me, even in the mundane.

Walking in faith entails trusting God to guide me when the road ahead is blocked. Trusting God to guide me when new challenges present themselves. Trusting. Faith, not fear.

I lift my eyes to the hills and am reminded that my help is in Jesus. I need no other advocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment