Popular Posts

Monday 1 April 2019

The Path Unclear


The yellows of spring popped out at me as I walked a familiar path I’ve not walked for awhile. Gorse beginning to blossom. Wild daffodils. Primula. Only the birds disturbed the quiet. Two geese chatting as they flew overhead. Pigeons cooing from deep in the woods. The staccato tap of a woodpecker seeking his breakfast.

I turned down a path but found it blocked by a section of wire fence, put there by a farmer guiding his cows into the correct field. A few hundred feet further and my way was totally blocked by the tops of two pine trees, broken and felled by a strong wind.

I was seeking guidance. I heard no voice, but a way forward was blocked. Sometimes the path through life is not very clear. I can’t see the horizon. I can only listen for my Saviour’s voice and take one step at a time. Totally dependent.

May I rest in the ‘not-knowing’, secure in the love of the Saviour.


No comments:

Post a Comment