Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 April 2019

Thy Kingdom Come


Thy kingdom come. Looking out my prayer window this morning, I think perhaps it has.

A clear blue sky, no wind, daffodils bobbing gently in a light breeze. The birds chattering and singing continuously. No traffic on the road. Peace.

Most of the time, most of us don’t live in such a place. Most of the time we are navigating stormy seas of one type or another. Relationships, circumstances, financial challenges, bereavements, anxieties. And even though I gaze out at such peace, my life just now reflects the tempest rather than the calm.

Jesus invites us to bring all our anxieties to him, and he will give us that peace which passes all understanding. Somehow in the midst of wild storms, we can walk as though under blue skies hearing birds chirping happily. I know this to be true; it still takes will power and faith to claim it moment by moment.

May you find such faith today, and may I, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment