Popular Posts

Monday 3 June 2019

God's Garden


Mud soup in the red bucket on the back porch. Play pots and pans on the grass. Chalk and pretend food all over the playhouse floor.

Evidence.

While I was away, some precious children were here. Having fun. Playing as if – because – they hadn’t a concern in the world.

Oh, to be a child!

And yet, I was away at Cherish Conference, realigning my perspective, reconnecting with God on a newer, deeper level, and standing shoulder to shoulder with sisters from around the globe, sisters with many languages and colours and experiences and ages, all loving God, all worshiping together. We may not see things eye to eye – politics, child-rearing, whatever – but we experienced that deep family love which sees beyond the transitory to the eternal.

Just like those precious children who played here, I feel like I was away playing in God’s garden. I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment