Popular Posts

Sunday 11 August 2019

Don't give up


Don’t give up meeting together, Paul advised in the reading we had in the West Church today.

I don’t intend to. After missing four consecutive Sundays, surviving an emotional wringer and a physical challenge or two, I slipped into church this morning grateful and relieved. Prayer warriors who have kept us before the throne of grace greeted us. Tears were not far from my eyes.

It is so good to be back. I have heard good sermons while I was away. I have sung meaningful worship songs to my Lord. I have prayed and received communion with other believers. I have linked arms with the family I was with, so glad to be worshiping with Don, with Mhairi, with Mom. I have hugged and been hugged, loved and been loved. Precious moments which I shall always savour. Living thousands of miles from loved ones is hard, so hard. (No airports in heaven…)

I have been churched in California over these last weeks, but I have missed the soft surround of believers I’ve known and walked with for decades. Cocooned and safe while I am restored and refreshed and strengthened to emerge again. Hide me, Lord, under your wings. Cover me, within your mighty hand.

I have not exactly soared, but neither have I crashed and burned. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, praying friends and family.

God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment