Popular Posts

Thursday 15 August 2019

Lighthouse for Jesus


An odd train of thought today. I’m struggling to give a situation to God. I keep picking it back up again and feeling irritated and, if I’m honest, angry about it. So, I felt hypocritical sitting in my prayer window this morning. I thought impatiently that I just need more of the Holy Spirit. Come on, Holy Spirit, fill me up again, I prayed.

And then I realised that actually, there is a lot of gunk in me blocking the flow. Hindering him getting in even; certainly impeding his work and preventing him from initiating his joy and peace.

High cholesterol causes blockages in the blood vessels which carry that vital life source round our body. Sometimes we have high cholesterol because of what we eat, and if we alter our diet to minimise fats and salts and so on, the super highway of our bodies’ life-giving bloodstream unblocks so that nutrients and oxygen can reach every far-flung cell.

I need to feed on the fruits of the Spirit, feed on the wholesome bread of life, and stop feeding on the regurgitated fat of rehearsed irritations. All that is doing is creating blockages in my spiritual life.

As I head into my day, my prayer is that God will enable me to do this, so that his Spirit can flow freely through me and I can be a lighthouse for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment