Popular Posts

Thursday 19 September 2019

Fully Immersed


Fully immersed.

It was easy to fully immerse in the sun and the salty Mediterranean Sea. A fearful swimmer, I declined to swim away from the boat we took one day. But when I did venture into that beautifully-warm sea water on the beach at Lindos, I was amazed at the extreme saltiness which soon splashed onto my lips. I was reminded of the buoyancy of the salty Dead Sea, and readily began to swim, knowing it would take more effort to sink than to float.

We are home now, paddling back into the detail of our ‘real’ lives. As I wade back in, rather reluctantly, I sense the salt of the Spirit, and relax into the buoyancy he provides. In his arms, it takes more effort to sink than to float.

May I remember that through every situation, so that fear recedes and faith, joy and peace prevail. My heart overflows with gratitude to the loving Lord who created, and died, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment