Popular Posts

Thursday 26 September 2019

Kick the Bucket


So, I just kicked the bucket.

Not metaphorically. Seriously.

In a rare surge of energy, I have been washing windows over these last few days. I was going to leave the study window, where Don’s desk, piled high, makes it difficult to reach. Decided to make the effort and climbed onto the swivel office chair before finding a space on the desk to kneel.

The swivel chair is on rollers, which jerked to the left ... kicking over the full bucket, which is bad enough even without the pile of Important Papers stacked on the floor. I spent the next hour separating out each paper so they will dry and still be legible, then vaxing up the puddle on the carpet.

The ramifications of kicking the bucket.

I hope that when I metaphorically kick the bucket, I don’t leave behind a mess of Important Papers and soggy carpet. I’d like my exit to be clean, straight into the arms of Jesus, with no Important Papers for my loved ones to sort out.

I’d better keep cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment