Popular Posts

Monday 23 September 2019

Joy of Grandmothering


Oh, the joys of grand-mothering! Last week I could be found gathering up the ‘green rice’ from a newly cut lawn to make ‘green rice pie’. Yesterday I was outside in trench coat and clown hat, binoculars round my neck, as we became ‘spy-ers’ looking for clues. About all we found was a dead mouse who drowned in a drain, and a mini-caterpillar.

Jesus said that unless we become like children we will never enter his Kingdom. There are many serious thoughts to be drawn from that, about faith and hope and trust, but surely Jesus, who enjoyed a good dinner party, also referred to the unbridled imagination of a child. No boundaries, where everything is possible, and where the sole purpose of life at a given moment is joy.

I am so grateful for grandchildren who remind me how to play, just for the fun of it.

In Jesus kingdom, there are no boundaries, and everything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment