Popular Posts

Sunday 22 March 2020

Can't hear you!


Like most people worldwide, we had a simplified service streamed from Banchory this morning. Worship led by a married couple; service led by the minister.

The sound quality was terrible. Maybe it’s my laptop? We couldn’t really hear the prayer, nor the message. But we could join the worship. Worthy is the Lamb who saves. Worthy is the King who conquers the grave. Our God is faithful. He never leaves us.

There was something so moving about seeing church leaders there, leading as usual. Something so inspiring knowing others in our church community were participating, too.

Sometimes I sit in my prayer window, desperate to hear what God will say to me. And I can’t quite hear him. I hear a faint whisper maybe, but it’s indistinct and I’m not sure I’m hearing a message. But I sense he is there. I worship, and I come out refreshed and renewed.

In crisis, our instinct is to join together with our loved ones. Exactly what we can’t do now. But God is there, waiting. We can spend time with him. Even if we can’t hear him clearly, we can sense his presence, and we can worship.

God bless this world which he created and redeemed through the agony of the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment