Popular Posts

Saturday 28 March 2020

Scottish Spring


A soft tapping on the window. Tiny white balls bouncing off the bush. Hail. Now it’s turned to a light, windblown snow shower. Ah, springtime in north eastern Scotland.

I was 51st at the grocery store at 8 am, so waited a minute or two until one person came out. A strict regulation of number of shoppers admitted at any one time. Everyone maintained their distance. Nobody coughed or sneezed. Everyone sanitised; some wore disposable gloves. Best behaviour.
Still no yeast. Shelves weren’t totally empty, but neither were they very full.

How surreal is this? Did anyone see this coming?

I certainly didn’t, but I know someone who did. So I’m sticking in close to him, so that I minimise my exposure and my risk, and yet remain available to help in any way I can. Really encouraged to be able to call on the team of volunteers from the West Church to pick up and deliver an urgent medicine to a former neighbour of ours who just moved into Banchory. Love in action through service. Thank you, Edge team, for stepping out and helping.

To God be the glory. May his name be lifted high through this turbulent time.


No comments:

Post a Comment