Popular Posts

Saturday 7 March 2020

Driving Blind


Driving back from Banchory this morning, I pulled the lever to wash the windows. The wipers went, but no water came out. Empty.

The windscreen wasn’t that dirty, but I remembered the first time I drove a distance in the snow. My father-in-law insisted on accompanying me, knowing a California girl had no experience on the ice. Very sweet, but only added to my anxieties. Back in those days, cars did not carry windscreen wash. So by the time we’d gone twenty miles on a road with just one lane each way, my screen was filthy with grimy snow and I had to stop and wash the windscreen in order to see and carry on.

Most people are navigating their way through their lives with no windscreen washer. As self-preservation and greed are voiced and acted out, their vision is obscured and they are driving blind. 

Thank God for Jesus, for his Word, written and made flesh, for his Holy Spirit, living in us and clearing our vision.



No comments:

Post a Comment