Popular Posts

Monday 23 March 2020

Wait-Wait


Wait-wait on the Lord, the psalmist encourages. So I wait-waited in my prayer window, lingering long, asking for a word, asking God to guide my prayers. They circumnavigated the globe and then when I checked a message on Messenger, it was a series of amazing Gospel singers, one after the other, singing the well-known spiritual, He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands.

Of course he does. Of course we know that. But it was so encouraging to hear it sung with conviction and grace and beauty.

I saw, in my imagination, a root. A root which stretched underground, out of sight, but which was sprouting along its length. Sprouting new green shoots, shoots reaching through the darkness to the light.

May this time of fear and darkness be shot through with rays of brilliant light, Jesus. May this light draw many out of the darkness as they search for meaning and comfort. May we be bearers of hope and faith in the goodness of God, as we email, text and talk on the phone to our family, friends and neighbours.

We all have time now to wait-wait on the Lord. He is waiting patiently for each of us to draw near.

No comments:

Post a Comment