Popular Posts

Friday 25 September 2020

Wildflowers or Weeds?

 

The farmer clears the cow manure from the barn on a regular basis, and he creates a mountain of manure along one of the paths we walk. As the manure matures, a stinky sludge drains out of it, forming black burns and puddles. There is nothing to commend it.

Left long enough, though, seeds take root in the fertile hill. Seedlings appear: whether you call them wildflowers or weeds depends on your perspective. I choose wildflowers  over weeds; I choose hope over despair.

Yesterday I took time and filled in my overseas ballot. This morning I sent it back to Los Angeles, so that it will arrive in plenty of time to be counted.

Even from a dung hill, a flower can grow.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment