Popular Posts

Wednesday 30 September 2020

The Bull Elephant who loves music

 

Creativity connects us with creation.

I have just started my online morning by watching a video of a rescued bull elephant standing knee-deep in a riverside lagoon. Standing, mostly absolutely still, next to a man playing Schumann on the piano. I see down the side of the clip that this beautiful elephant enjoys Beethoven and Mozart, too.

What a wonderful image, of creatures being kind to other creatures. Of elephants enjoying the output of musically-gifted geniuses, of the camaraderie and fellowship connecting the pianist with the elephant. Both appreciating gifts of God.

I was aware, during the video, of the pleasant rippling and delightful bubbling of the river running by. I could hear the irregular percussion of a variety of birds raising their voices, too.

All creation praises the Lord. How good it is when we are in harmony with that which God has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment