Popular Posts

Monday 28 December 2020

End of year blessings

 

The washing machine is on its third load of the day. It is freezing outside, and those two things remind me of the Girl with the Pearl Earring, who spent so much time washing clothes by hand in freezing weather.

I am grateful for technology.

I’ve just returned from another run to the grocery store, where the shelves were full. I could pay with a credit card.

I am grateful for a  car, for money in the bank, and for food available to purchase.

I hear the busy sounds in the kitchen, of hungry children who have been playing outside all morning. I am grateful for a house that can welcome family and enjoy the hustle. I am grateful for good health.

This has been a challenging year, but through it all, I have felt increasingly humbled by our blessings.

Remembering those whose struggles this year have been life-changing, whether mentally, financially, or physically. In this world we will have trouble, Jesus said. But take heart, for he has overcome the world. I am grateful that Jesus came into the world to save us.

No comments:

Post a Comment