Popular Posts

Tuesday 1 December 2020

A Glare of Gold

 

A glare of gold penetrates a grey sky and stretches its light through bare, brittle branches of the old damson tree. The day is unremarkable, another winter’s day which is shivery and still.

My first task this morning is something I dread, something I shrink from doing. It feels like bare, brittle branches. As I prepare to do it, God’s love penetrates the brittleness of my reluctance and he warms my heart. He reminds me of his love, that he is always with me.

This is the day the Lord has made. I praise him that everywhere I look, even on the most ordinary of days, I am reminded of his love and care. May we be attuned to his frequency today as we go through even the most dreaded or mundane of tasks. He is everywhere, always on our side and always full of love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment