Popular Posts

Wednesday 30 December 2020

Jigsaw Life

 

It sits in the prayer window, in the parcel bag it arrived in. A jigsaw puzzle from new friends from Germany who stayed with us for B&B on their honeymoon. We shared a bottle of bubbly then, and keep in touch now. I suspect that the puzzle will reveal a picture of this house, or the view from their bedroom window, as she hinted in her email that this was the subject.

I haven’t yet put the puzzle together, as our dining room table is currently covered in craft projects and supplies. I plan to locate a tray big enough, and then will enjoy seeing a picture emerge from the jigsaw-cut pieces. We have not been given a picture of what it is, so it may take some time to complete.

Sometimes it can feel as if my life is broken up in a bag like that. Not in a terrible way, but just in a way which seems confused and doesn’t quite make sense. There is a picture there, a beautiful picture I suspect, which the Father is putting together, bit by bit, and will, I trust, one day fully emerge. I wonder, in the weird way I think, if my part in the process is to provide the tray – my life – for the Father to carefully ‘put me together’.

I imagine that I can get ahead of him, trying to squeeze a couple of pieces together which aren’t meant to marry up. My job is to surrender to him, to trust him to be making a perfect fit of the disparate aspects of my life and personality. It requires a level of trust which I need to dig deep for, a level of absolute trust in his goodness and faithfulness.

Lord, increase my trust in you today. I lay down my life, so that you can rebuild it to reflect your Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment