Popular Posts

Thursday 3 December 2020

Taking the rough with the smooth

 

The path through the Enchanted Forest is frozen hard. A frequent trail for tractors and jeeps, the ruts and gouges in the mud give texture and reassuring traction for the trepidatious walker. Much more concerning, and slippery, is the frosted, paved road. The smooth surface presents an ice rink for the unwary.

I wonder if I am less likely to come a cropper when life serves up a repeat than when I am moving through virgin territory. When I have previously struggled with an issue or situation, I am aware of the tricky bits. Some of the scars from previous encounters may even hold me steady. On the other hand, when I find myself in a new situation, I may mistakenly see a smooth road ahead, stride out proudly presuming to know my way, and land on my derriere.

Whichever type of path my life is taking just now, it is so reassuring to know that Jesus walks with me. And you.

Here in the northeast, it is a glorious winter’s day, sunny and sharp, clean and clear. Grateful and enjoying the beauty. Thank you, God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment