Popular Posts

Friday 28 May 2021

Clinging Vine

 


Intertwining branches of a vine climb the strong trunk of a towering tree, clinging tight for support while stretching upwards, ever upwards.

After a couple of days at the amazing retreat centre in Perthshire, The Bield, this is one image I have brought back, an image of my relationship with God. He has encouraged and spoken to me through so many creative media over these rich days: in one-to-one times apart in a prayer pod; in the words of a wise spiritual director; in a Pantoum Poem; through movement during a wellness session; while finger painting in the art room; floating and resting in the warm waters of the pool; in meditative walks through the labyrinths; during chapel; in debrief sessions with Mhairi. Ours is a loving, engaging God, always ready and waiting for us to draw near.

Through your Word, I see a clear picture of my smallness anad need, and your awesomeness and love: you, my God, taking me in close.

I am refreshed and revived; filled with a quiet joy and peace. So grateful for that space, that time, those people, and our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment