Popular Posts

Wednesday 19 May 2021

Not Always Zooming

 

We followed the Zoom link and joined the meeting, listening to a Palestinian Christian share what the situation is like in the West Bank, where he lives, and Gaza, where his relatives live. It was an interactive meeting where questions could be asked.

After a few minutes, though, our internet connection nosedived. Voices broke up and were lost at critical points. Eventually, very frustrated, we gave up.

Been thinking about my connection to God. Although I am sure he is always there, connected with high-speed fibre optic broadband, I am not the best receptor. I allow myself to be driven by a to-do list. I respond to interruptions too quickly; I am aware of my great imperfections and, like Adam and Eve in the garden, I ‘hide’ subconsciously, ashamed. I want to feel his presence, and if I don’t, I move on as if I caught him at a bad time.

Yet, God’s steadfast love never ceases. He continues to forgive, to love, to bless, despite my faults and fears. Unlike an internet connection, which requires me to be in a certain location to receive, I can receive from the Lord wherever I am today: at the sink, in the garden, in my Bible or writing.

On my heart this morning are those cases of injustice I mentioned yesterday. So I am going to mount a counter-attack: looking to God for his intervention, I raise a hallelujah in the presence of my enemy. I’m singing, new songs and old. Praising the God who died for the oppressed and the marginalised, those without a voice. In Jesus’ name, we have the victory. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment