Popular Posts

Thursday 30 December 2021

Dance of Delight

 

As I sat at the red light, I watched a couple walking with measured steps,  a little two-year-old girl walking between them, holding their hands. I wondered if they were the grandparents. I wondered if they were actually going slower than the wee girl needed them to go.

As I watched, the little girl added in a skip. An attempt at a skip: obviously a manoeuvre she’s only recently learned. Then she did a little jump or two, while her two adults continued their dirge-like walk up the hill, oblivious to her irrepressible joy.

When life slows down, it’s easy to just slump down with a coffee and a device. It’s beautiful, instead, to redeem the time creatively, choreographing in a few unanticipated moves, experimenting with some new skills, allowing joy to bubble up from within as I contemplate the amazing Creator who loves me.

There is a time for everything. I – like most of us – am drawing breath after an intensely busy, and fun, family Christmas. May I use the odd free moment to express the delight there is in just being alive, well-loved and well-fed and housed. May I allow myself to be enriched as I celebrate and receive again Immanuel, God with us.

I am incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment