Popular Posts

Friday 10 December 2021

Tricky Terrain

 

The road underfoot was icy. Normally, Mary and I would cancel our walk. We don’t want a broken limb. But we’ve not walked for a few weeks, and were anxious for the social interaction. We crept down the road, and back, remaining unscathed and intact. Whew.

Whatever tricky terrain you are tackling today, take care. God advises we stay alert and aware of our surroundings, prepared to meet any contingencies. The run-up to Christmas can be demanding and busy; at a time when our focus should be naturally turned to Jesus, it is easy to become dazzled and distracted by glitter and glitz.

I want to keep my focus and my footing securely on Jesus. Like the wise virgins, I want to be ready to welcome my Saviour when he comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment