Popular Posts

Sunday 5 December 2021

Soar like Eagles

 

As clean-up continues from Storm Arwen, Storm Barra is forecast to hit the northeast tomorrow. If we questioned whether or not we would be badly affected by climate change in Scotland, perhaps we are becoming aware of the answer.

Global uncertainties percolate into individual uncertainties, and many are walking out of 2021 with dazed and confused perceptions of where we have been, and where we are going.

I drove past my primary school when I was home in California. It was named after a famous American, Ralph Waldo Emerson. I noticed that now they have adopted the eagle as their mascot. The Emerson Eagles.

I like that I started out as an eagle.

‘Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.’

As storms and uncertainties rock our world, may we all sink our trust deeper into the Lord, where we will be strengthened. Whatever this day holds, may the Holy Spirit enable us to soar above the cross-winds of life, retaining the perspective he gives as we focus our eyes on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment