Popular Posts

Monday 7 February 2022

Aggressive winds

 

An aggressive afternoon wind whines through the house. Inside my prayer window, I watch as it sends thin, wispy white clouds skiting eastwards, exposing a baby blue vastness that lies above them.

Sometimes, I can get in my own way. I can allow anxieties to accumulate like clouds, white or grey or even black, obscuring God in all his magnificence and glory. Back to that early chorus: ‘Wind, wind, blow on me…’

Lord, despatch any doubts and send all fears into obscurity. Fill me again with your blessed Holy Spirit. Transform my mind by the renewing of my spirit within.

I thank you for your grace and mercy, that you know my thoughts before they arrive on my lips, that you know the prayers of my heart. Peace, you say. My peace I give to you, a peace unlike the superficial peace of the world. A deep, inner peace that remains despite the tempests and hurricanes howling inside and out.

Praise you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment