Popular Posts

Monday 21 February 2022

The Way they Were

 

Clear the cache.

I wrote a blog on the Woman Alive website, telling the story of a friend of Mhairi’s, Kira Fontana. She is a singer-songwriter, who released a song on Valentine’s Day which God gave her to sing to her husband as her vows at their wedding. Their love story was one of meeting to marriage in a month, during Covid. It was clearly a story of God the matchmaker.

After submitting the blog, Kira gave me the link to the song. I sent it in, but every time I looked at the blog, it didn’t contain the link. My contact insisted it was up and finally, exasperated with such a techno-dunce, she advised: clear the cache. If you’ve been looking at it, the cache will continue to show you the blog as it was the first time you checked. It’s definitely there.

Clear the cache. I’ve no idea how to do that. It’s made me think, though, how often I check in on situations and relationships and instead of seeing them as they are now, after prayer, I continue to see them as they were. They are stored in my memory and that is what I see, rather than the reality of the situation after God’s intervention.

Lord, this day would you please clear my cache? Open my eyes to see things as you see them, as they really are, and not as I remember them or assume them to still be.

No comments:

Post a Comment