Popular Posts

Friday 1 April 2022

Fostering Fun

 

 

Found a treasure trove of past published prayers, so thought I'd share this one:

Oh Lord God, break through the crust of broken dreams and revive in me the heart of a child. Restore my instinct for fun; give me an irrepressible smile and an infectious laugh. May I shrug off the pressures which flatten the joy that longs to bubble up from deep within. May I detour into the lay-bys of life, taking time to enjoy you and your creation, taking time to delight in my friends and family, taking time to participate in activities which cleanse the mind and inspire the heart. Give me eyes to discern divine delight, ears to catch a godly guffaw, and a mouth to express merriment. Help me to enjoy you and revel in your creation. May I never take myself too seriously; secure in your love and care, may I be set free to frolic in the shadow of your wings. Tease out the threads of laughter, which, with age and anxiety, have become knotted and shredded within. Restore unto me the joy of my salvation. Your blessings are the light of my life, oh Lord. Thank you, Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment