Popular Posts

Tuesday 26 April 2022

No Need

 

Final prep for a trip to see Mom. I’ve decided to travel light, and will take just a carry-on bag which I’ll check in, so I won’t find myself heaving a 50-pound suitcase anywhere. As I consider each item I pack, I’m finding it liberating to think, ‘No, don’t need it.’ Going somewhere warm helps, doing away with the need for cosy jumpers and so on.

Jesus came to set us free, free indeed. When we’ve yoked ourselves with Jesus, invited him into our lives, we can jettison all the baggage we’ve been lugging around – the shameful secrets, the guilt, the anger, the fear. He is our liberator, our Saviour. He bears the weight of all that previously weighed us down, and we can be filled with joy and peace.

No need for cosy jumpers when you’re in Jesus’ arms.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment