Popular Posts

Friday 1 April 2022

The Road was Iced

 

The road was iced this morning, too slick for Mary and me, so we opted to take Abbie the energetic German shepherd on a run (her, not us) round the field. I’ve not yet broken in my new walking shoes so wore the old – forgetting the waterproofness has worn off.

An hour later, I was back with soaking feet and dripping socks.

How lovely on the mountains are the feet of the person who brings good news. Too often my feet are tramping through the mire of global news, bogging me down in the fetid waters of worldly wickedness and carelessness, chilling my spirit and depressing my mind.

My feet are now dried and cosy in dry socks. May I walk through the Word and soar through the worship of my Saviour, so that I might spread the peace and hope that are in Christ alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment