Popular Posts

Tuesday 17 May 2022

Prevailing

 

Prevailing climate: a symphony.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, my return flight collected an unwanted bit of baggage along the way: the Covid germ hitched a lift. So here I am, Day 3 after testing positive on Saturday, feeling pretty reasonable probably thanks to the vaccines. And prayers.

But isolated, in my room, hoping to contain its spread, and having to rearrange appointments.

My current prevailing view on the world reveals a snapshot of the garden waking up to hoped-for warmer temps and arraying itself in all shades of spring green. The graceful droop of the acer and willow; the alert stretch of the darker cypress; the dropping pink blossom from the flowering cherry as new leaves open to the season.

Prevailing colour: green.

Half a world away, last week the prevailing colour I saw was brown, as every morning I navigated the route to Mom’s residence, winding through undulating eucalyptus trees towering over dirt trails for the horses and joggers. Occasional explosions of deep blue/purple jacaranda trees added intermittent riots of colour.

And after a day spent with Mom, I would wind my way back towards the coast, where I took a daily walk on the bluffs in order to clear my mind and gain perspective.

Prevailing colours: blues and greys.

However monochrome and routine my day may seem, all around me God sings out in technicolour beauty. When he created the earth, he spoke out his approbation: he saw that it was good. When he created you and me, he spoke out his approbation: he saw that it was good.

Remember today that ‘the Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.’ Zephaniah 3:17

When you see the colours of spring, can you not hear him singing?

Prevailing mood: joy and abundance.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment