Popular Posts

Monday 23 May 2022

That is Love

 

What a dreadful headache I had with the Covid, over two nights. I mentioned it to Mom on the phone.

‘Oh,’ she said sadly. ‘I wish I could help you with that. I wish I could take it for you.’

I laughed. Once a mother, always a mother. At nearly 98, she is still wanting to take the hard things of life off of her child and onto herself.

That is love.

Jesus looked at humanity bowed down by sin and shame.

‘Oh,’ he thought. ‘I can help you with that. I can take it for you.’

And so he left his Kingdom with all its perfection, beauty and love, was born a baby into this world with all its traumas and tragedies. After showing us the way to live a perfect life, he took our sin and shame on his shoulders and allowed himself to be pinned to the cross.  

‘It is finished,’ he said. He has taken it for us. He has taken it, overcoming it through his resurrected life, winning for us the battle with evil. It is finished.

And he sent his Spirit to live in us to enable us to live in the power of his victory. No more headaches. No more sin and shame. Jesus saves us from it all.

That is Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment