Popular Posts

Monday 9 May 2022

Trust

Deteriorating vision. Reduced strength and balance. Challenged hearing ability. Living a short life is tragic. Living a long life is difficult.


I’m sitting beside Mom’s bed as she sleeps off the injection in her eye. It’s my last day here, having had to shorten the visit by a couple of days due to my own health concerns. I don’t know how anyone walks a loved one home without one hand in the hand of Jesus.


I wonder how she’ll manage if she goes blind. She needs the walker for balance. She is confused and lost, forgetful, alone. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof, the old version of the Bible says. Don’t worry about tomorrow. Trust in God. 


Help us both to trust in You, Lord, as I leave her today until I’m back in several months. Help us to trust in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment