Popular Posts

Friday 17 June 2022

I Lift my Eyes

 

I love the new Passion Translation of the Bible. Psalm 121:5 says: ‘Yahweh himself will watch over you; he’s always at your side to shelter you safely in his presence.’

I did connect with Mom on Wednesday (missed her again last night), and found her extremely tired and dispirited. Then I learned yesterday that she has been asking about her parents. I hear in that a level of fear and insecurity as she is aware of her diminishing clarity of thought and memory. She wants to feel safe, protected by those who nurtured her for her early years.

It cuts me to the heart, being so far away and unable to cradle her and reassure her that she is loved and cared for. A telephone is better than nothing, but not a lot better in this instance. I turned to my readings last night and lo and behold, it was Psalm 121, which Mom has always told me is the one her family has at funerals. ‘I lift my eyes to the hills…my help is in the name of the Lord.’

So last night, and continually, I pray that the Lord will be whispering this Psalm into her heart, into the core of her being as he comforts and cradles her in her lostness.

‘Yahweh himself will watch over you; he’s always at your side to shelter you safely in his presence.’

 

No comments:

Post a Comment