Popular Posts

Tuesday 28 June 2022

Sold out and Surrendered

 

So, she said matter-of-factly, you just grab a fold of skin, stab in the needle, depress the syringe. It’s just below the surface; doesn’t have to go in deep.

Easy for her to say.

Never did I imagine I would be required to give myself shots in my stomach. Never would I have thought I could do it.

Turns out I can.

I’ve had a busy week. First time I’ve had a general anaesthetic. First time I’ve had an op. First time I’ve had to try to get blood thinners regulated afterwards: a work in progress, hence the daily self-injections.

Most of the last week, I’m happy if I don’t live through a similar sequence of events again. But it did afford me hours to read, and I have read an amazing book by Samaa Habib, Face to Face with Jesus.

I have been inspired, awed, humbled, and challenged by this former Muslim woman’s story of conversion and her all-out faith and passionate love for Jesus. May my spirit respond with eagerness and passion as I ask God to help me live such a surrendered life to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment