Popular Posts

Wednesday 29 June 2022

Smiling

 

Now that ours is one of those cars where my mobile phone is hooked into the radio, magically, I can receive or, I am told, make a call while driving. But I remember the days when, if the phone rang while I was on the road, I would need to pull into a layby before answering it. Often by that time I had missed the call.

I’ve been in a layby this last week, mentally, physically, but not spiritually. I can’t say I’ve had any prophetic revelations, but I have definitely heard the call and felt the love of our heavenly Father as I’ve trusted in him to meet all my needs.

Although I hadn’t planned to pull into a layby, having done so, my perspective is altered and my willingness to sink back in front of Wimbledon and do nothing, feels justified.

I think I can see my Father smiling. Come away with me, Jesus invited his disciples, to a quiet place to get some rest. Sometimes we are forced to heed his wise guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment