Popular Posts

Tuesday 14 June 2022

Shalom

 

For nearly a week I’ve been unable to reach my Mom in the usual way, by Skyping her telephone. Every attempt brings up the message: ‘Network connection too weak. Please try again later.’ But in fact, when I immediately Skype another phone number, like the reception desk at the assisted living home where Mom lives, I get a good connection.

I’ve asked the maintenance man to please check the battery in her phone, and that the receiver is on the cradle. Hopefully today I might get through.

We don’t always get the right diagnosis when something goes wrong. In this case, I guess it’s the wrong algorithms or AI or something digital which is mis-diagnosing the problem and sending the wrong message.

Proverbs 3 advises us to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and don’t lean on our own understanding. My brain may use the wrong algorithms when I am confronted by reactions or behaviours that I don’t understand, and I can easily jump to the wrong conclusions. May God renew my inner ‘battery’ today, and open my spiritual ears so that I ponder things in my heart, led by God, rather than jump to wrong conclusions, blurting out harmful words without due consideration.

Grace and mercy foster love and peace. Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment