Popular Posts

Saturday 16 July 2022

Midgies and Misery

 

I just want to swat all these flies that are buzzing round the house. In fact, I did swat a couple (but missed) while I was doing my Bible reading, and felt kinda bad about that…

After the bonfire we had the other night, I felt a familiar soreness which has happened enough that I can readily identify it: a tick had crunched its jaws into my ankle. The most precious thing we have in this house is the little tick remover which looks like a credit card and effectively wheeks ticks out of flesh.

I’ve just ordered a couple of spray bottles of Skin so Soft, as an upcoming week on the west coast carries the ‘promise’ of clouds of midgies, which swarm and bite and cause misery.

This is a beautiful world the Lord has blessed us with … but why, oh why, is it full of such creatures?

Life mirrors nature: taxes, MOT tests, parking fines: irritants abound which can steal our joy.

Where is God in all these minor miseries? Walking us through them, guiding our steps, willing to influence our moods if we only would depend on him more.

Hmmm. The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it. Not so sure he created taxes and parking fines, but he certainly made the flies and ticks and midgies.

May I trust in him today, even when I don’t see the point of some things…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment