Popular Posts

Monday 11 July 2022

Ping!

 

Ping, went the phone.

My former neighbour Ann, who moved to the south coast over twenty years ago, and I have connected through WhatsApp over Wordle. Every day we compare our results.

A simple connection which leads to brief exchanges about gardens, family, tennis … Ann is struggling in the isolation that comes when one is widowed. I am enjoying our renewed friendship. She was a great help to me when our family was young.

Yesterday’s theme at church was the familiar story of the good Samaritan. May I apply the message in every opportunity the Lord gives me today, whether it be interactions with neighbours or strangers, challenges through media outlets, or nudges to call or write or support someone else.

Lord Jesus, so fill me with your Spirit today that your light shines through all I am, all I do, and all I say. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment