Popular Posts

Friday 8 July 2022

Tendonitis

 

And so I sit with my right foot up on a chair, an ice pack balanced on the sore bit above the arch. Yes, I did google it. Could be a tendon. No, I didn’t run or do anything strenuous. All I did was pick strawberries (yum) and weed (yuck).

But maybe those chores kept me in the same bending, crouching position for longer than my old tendons like. Unfortunately, I see that one predisposition to tendonitis is age …

Maybe it’s time to readjust my posture and change my positions.

Lord, I pray that this day, I will do things differently spiritually, as I sit nursing this sore foot. May I hear your voice through media new to me; may I see your hand of grace in new ways; may I extend your hand of grace to any I meet who need it today.

Lord, may I not develop age-related tendonitis in my spirit. May my spirit remain supple and flexible, ready to adjust, quick to forgive, full of grace and mercy to all.

Save me, Lord, from a spiritual brittleness that causes pain … to myself, to others, and ultimately, mostly, to you. Against you and you only Lord, have I sinned. Thank you for your restorative mercy and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment