Popular Posts

Monday 31 July 2023

Influencers

 

Dreadful weather, I heard this morning through WhatsApp, in Newtyle and Bearsden. Not here, I responded primly: just back from a lovely walk. It was mild, a soft breeze blowing…

Pride comes before a fall: our sweet weather preceded the downpours which have now broken out from the heavens above.

Years ago – gosh, nearly half a century now – when I first moved to northeast Scotland from southern California, I would pop out of bed in the morning and draw open the curtains. If the sky was blue, I naively assumed it would be warm. As the truth dawned that blue skies didn’t necessarily herald warm temperatures, my mood would sink: inner darkness gathered in my psyche as my outlook clouded.

So many things influence who I am today. I am shaking myself awake, opening myself to Jesus and longing to have my mind transformed, like a seed is into a flower, so that the voices that cloud my perspective with negative pronouncements will be blown away by the wind of the Holy Spirit. The wind that whispers hope, declares salvation, and trumpets LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment