Popular Posts

Saturday 18 November 2023

Support

 

A solitary post supports the weight of the upper floor of the house. In the 50’s, when the house was built, this met the regulations. This past week, the nervous owner had a shear wall built to join the single post: a wall, running the width of the house, and fully supporting its weight.

This is prudent. Possibly life-saving.

In my spiritual life, I only need one post to hold me up. Jesus advises that we abide in him. He is the vine and we are the branches, fully supported, fed and watered through him. Yet so often, I act as if that is not enough. I rely on relationships. I depend on bank accounts, insurance policies, other peoples’ encouragement or support.

May I fully surrender to putting all my trust and hope in the Lord. It is that which can set me free from anxiety and fear. It is that which releases me into joy.

May the truth of the gospel be increasingly realised in the life I lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment