Popular Posts

Tuesday 28 November 2023

The School Run

 

We set off for the school run. Literally, as I tried to keep up with three energetic grandkids on bikes, headed for school and nursery. I realised how bitingly cold it was, and when my foot slipped slightly, I began to move with greater caution.

How often do I head into things spiritually, full of enthusiasm and good ideas, only to slip slightly and belatedly recognise my need for Holy Spirit shoes?

May I move into this day wisely. May I move in faith and the assurance that God will not let my foot slip when I put my trust in him. May I sit in hope that he knows the end from the beginning … and the end is even better than the beginning. May I rest in the peace of Christ, knowing that one day there will be no more war, no more separations, no more death, no more tears. No more frozen pavements.

Advent is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment