Popular Posts

Friday 10 November 2023

He provides

The November sun was warm on my face. I walked along the Pacific shoreline. Runners passed me, shirts dark with sweat stains. Bikers zipped by, either through their own effort or aided by electric propulsion. A couple of skaters swayed gracefully as they stroked past me. Other walkers stared straight ahead, ears plugged with air pods, listening to music or wisdom or entertaining chat, or talking animatedly on their phones. 

The light sparkled on the salty ocean as the waves dropped with regularity. I watched and walked, letting the rhythmic sound soothe and draw me to God. I began to pray the 23rd psalm. Slowly, line by line. 

I had just come from the Veterans Day commemoration, watching Mom be honoured as the only female resident who served in the armed forces in World War 2. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. 

I had attended a meeting about future care needs and services. I was still trying to resolve a bank issue. I had to figure out insurance dilemmas. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. I visualised a table laden with good, nourishing foods and refreshing drink. God is providing all I need to be nourished…and he opened my eyes to see that as I focus on the issues and problems, complaining and worrying, these anxious thoughts become my enemies. 

The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want. … he restores my soul. 

My cup overflows. 

I am so grateful that he invites me to eat at the table he has prepared. May he help me to retain the joy and freedom he gives, as I walk on in faith and trust.

Jesus said he would never leave us. He is true to his word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment