Popular Posts

Monday 22 January 2024

Better Choices

 

Wild, tempestuous winds swept across Scotland last night, bringing down power lines, roofing tiles and trees. This morning, the sky is clear and blue, a light breeze blusters the bare branches, but the gales overnight have calmed here in the northeast.

Life over the last month has been wonderfully wild as we made the most of Doug and Joey’s visit. It swept by so fast, and now we are gathering up the loose ends of the things we dropped.

Life is all about priorities. It’s hard to get them right, but when it comes to hanging with family v anything else, I know where my priority always is.

‘Mary has made the better choice,’ Jesus told Martha, as she bustled round doing all the chores. I’m often like Martha, but I know who I’d like to emulate.

Lord, help me to make the better choice today, choosing to hang with you and let some of the chores go. They’ll still be there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment